The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) is India's leading recognized professional society devoted to the advancement of Science and Technology of Electronics, Telecommunication & IT. Founded in 1953, it serves more than 69,000 members through various canters, whose number is 55, spread all over India and abroad. The Institution provides leadership in Scientific and Technical areas of direct importance to the national development and economy.
Government of India has recognized IETE as a Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (SIRO) and also notified as an educational Institution of national eminence. The objectives of IETE focus on advancing electro-technology. The IETE conducts and sponsors technical meetings, conferences, symposia, and exhibitions all over India, publishes technical journals and provides continuing education as well as career advancement opportunities to its members.
Aims and Objectives
• To promote the general advancement of telecommunication engineering, electronics & allied subjects and their application.
• To facilitate the exchange of information and ideas on these subjects amongst the members of the Institution.
• To organize conferences, symposia, meetings, seminars, workshops, discussions etc. for dissemination of technological information amongst members and professional fraternity.
• To hold and promote exhibitions of instruments, apparatus, and machineries related to electronics, telecom engineering and allied subjects.
• To print, publish, and sell proceedings, reports of the institution, technical papers, treatises etc.
• To encourage research and promote the development of appropriate technologies in Telecom Engineering Electronics & allied subjects and their applications. To make grants of money, books, apparatus etc. for promoting invention and research in the above disciplines.
• To establish professional and technical standards in electronics, telecommunications and conduct such tests and / or examination as may be required for this purpose.
Name of the Incharge : Prof. C. B. V. Subbarayudu